What Is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search Engine Optimization also is known as SEO, are techniques that not only increase the quantity of traffic coming to your website as well as the quality of the traffic that is engaging with your website.
The importance of SEO is substantial when it comes to the impact of the visibility of your website, which will impact the traffic on your website which doing SEO will increase the visibility of your website, therefore, bringing in more potential conversions and customers.
Terminology Used By Search Engine Optimization Specialists
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization – Is a process where you have technical work being done on your website allowing for your website to appear better for search engines and the overall performance of the website, which may include content marketing, link building and many other techniques.
- SERP’s – Search Engine Result Pages – These are pages which are randomly generated based on the authority of websites in google’s system and ranks businesses based on relevance to keyword and credibility.
- Googlebot – Google’s website crawler, the website crawler is an automated software that crawls the web in search for new pages and websites, indexing them as it comes across new entries.
- Index – Indexing is used by googles crawlers which will find a page, read the information on the page and adds it to googles index.
- Domain Authority – Domain Authority is a search engine ranking system that has been developed by Moz which predicts how well a website will rank on SERP’s, there are a few factors which influence the Domain Authority of a website.
- Page Authority – Page Authority is another search engine ranking system which is also developed by Moz it predicts how well an individual page on the domain will rank in google’s SERP, there are many factors which influence this.
- Do-Follow – A do-follow link is where another site has a link directing to your site with the do-follow attribute. This is counted as a “Vote” in googles eyes.
- No-Follow – A no-follow link is where a website is directing traffic to your site but isn’t allowing googles crawler to pick up it’s “Voting” for your website.
What Does SEO Do?
Search Engine Optimization is essential when it comes to the marketing of a business, to market a business successfully to increase leads and conversions, you must first assess who you are going to for SEO. There are many businesses out there which do improper SEO practises which can cause negative impacts for your ranking on googles SERP.
SEO is an industry-driven around helping other businesses succeed and become more accessible on the internet. This can be done in many ways, but the most important factor is Backlinking, without a backlink profile there is no credibility to your website. A backlink is considered a vote in googles search engine. The more website having “Do-follow” links to your website the more valuable your website becomes in googles eyes.
Why Do You Need SEO?
It is suggested that most businesses should be undertaking SEO or some form of marketing, it is apprised by a lot that search engine optimization specialists and agencies drive leads and business to businesses through their marketing processes, and methods they’ve adapted to drive the best results the agency and or specialists can achieve.
Without Search Engine Optimization, the likelihood of your business being discovered on the internet is very minimal, due to potentially a few factors those being your website not being optimized correctly to attract the correct audience and customers to your website as well as keyword targets, lead generation and many other factors which SEO Experts can accomplish.
Without SEO Specialists and consultants, the online industry would be substantially different, SEO is more of a medium to long term marketing plan to drive business to your company, it does increase over time and you will see results within the first month but before seeing a substantial increase in website traffic it can take anywhere between 1-12 months, depending on many variables:
These are some of the most crucial components of driving traffic to your website, there are many other factors which determine the visibility of your website but these are some of the most commonly known variables.
Frequently Asked Questions
Search engine optimiztation isn’t just an overnight strategy that’ll boost you to the first page, it can generally take anywhere from a month or two to potentially 3-6 months, or longer as SEO is a constant battle against your competition. Depending on the level of competition will impact how long it takes to get to the top of Google’s SERP’s.
SEO and PPC are both viable methods for increasing site traffic and extending your customer base. SEO is seen as a more medium to long term goal and PPC is considered more of the short term and long term goal, you need both to be able to compete competitively depending on the level of competition in your industry.
SEO is considered to be required to be undertaken while your building up your business or already have an established business. The short answer is yes you should continue SEO even if you reach the top of your keyword targeted SERP, as your competition may be doing SEO as well which could potentially affect your rankings if you stopped doing SEO and they passed you in Google’s algorithm.
Link building is an important fundamental of search engine optimization as google’s bots that search the web indexing new pages and counting “Votes” made by other sites (Do-Follow links) that point to your site and submitting it to google’s database which then can impact your ranking for their SERP’s.
These tools, blogs and analytics tools are some of the most valuable ones as they can give you insights for the specifics you may need. Search engine optimizers use tools to accomplish achieveing higher rankings for their clients on the specific SERP’s. If they do not know how to use the tools efficiently and do what else is required then these will have no value to them until they learn the individual tools and become more familiarised with them.
Blogs are an important aspect of learning and keeping up to date with the constant changes and findings by search engine optimizers, taking advice from them and studying their arts can have major beneficial impacts on your ability to do SEO. To the inexperienced it may not be as simplistic as it seems, whereas to people with understanding already in the industry like; Search Engine Optimizers, Business owners and other occupations that require the specific skills to undertake the tasks required by them.